What makes us creative!

Recently a good friend of mine read my work, watched photographs that I took and said "..... I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're creative bc of your photography". And for once more started a chain of thoughts. Why an I creative.. or for that sake , why anyone is creative..!?

I guess Creativity is a product of ability and the mindset. Creativity is closely related with some combination of improvisation and inspiration/motivation. Creativity requires that you have ability to do something that you are creative in, but the ways you make it happen makes you creative..! While trying to achieve same product we choose a creative path.

Who gives us ability to things in the first place? My mum and dad have been a great support. My dad has been a poet himself (but never let out his creativity). My mum is from a very artistic family. Those guys are amazing painters. And both sides are crazy brilliant! It has to be taught or it has to be in genes. The ability to do something comes with inheritance as well as practice. It requires constant conscious attempts at improving in the ability. Once we are comfortable with the fact that we can reach the target, we let our imagination free and be more creative in the way we do it.

And what makes us creative? Its a way of thinking. We can be creative in almost anything that we do. But why should we choose a path which is not trodden? We have to have that inspiration, to make things happen in a different way. May be we are trying to impress someone (including our own self), may be we are just bored and want to try the new path.. May be sometimes, we dont have an option and 'have to' choose a different path. This is where improvisation and creativity come together.

With the spirit of Phoenix I know that I am never ever going to fall. I am doing my best to stand tall in whatever situation that I have got. I came across wonderful people, someone I know is so beautiful that it nudged me into the right direction. To an artist (wow-- I am narcissist.. calling myself an artist.. :)) but whatever.. To an artist all he/she needs is that nudge, the ball starts rolling and then the gravity does the rest. Does this make me creative?  (well I am not sure... but it seems logical.)

Just a morning thought so had to write. :) Good morning Ya'll (my 7 page viewers per day ;) ) from Houston 

Comments

Popular Posts